INDvsSL: 10 Interesting Records broken and created in the 1st T20I: Favourites India crumbled against the inexperienced bowling of the Lankans in their home turf to go 0-1 down in the 3-match T20I series. India started their batting disastrously against a debutant once again, Kasun Rajitha knocked top three Indian batsmen out in no time. It was due to the efforts of an off-spinner, Ravichandran Ashwin, that took the team’s total to three figures. Sri Lanka chased down the target of 102 with ease inside 18 overs.
Here we look at some interesting numbers from the first T20 International in Pune.
1. This is the first instance in T20 International history that two debutants of a team took two wickets in their first over in the same match. Kasun Rajitha and Dasun Shanaka in 1st and 9th over respectively.
2. India have lost two wickets in the first over of a T20I for the first time.
3. This is the first instance that Sri Lankan pacers have taken 8 wickets in a T20I match.
4. Ashish Nehra has 28 runs to his name in T20 Internationals. Interestingly all these runs came against Sri Lanka.
5. India have lost 6 wickets in the first 10 overs of a T20I game for the third time in its history.
6. India’s total of 101 in the match is now their third-lowest total in T20Is and second-lowest at home.
7. MS Dhoni is now the only batsman not to have a single fifty after batting in 50 T20I innings or more.
8. Ravichandran Ashwin, who came at No.9 registered his best T20I score in this match. His unbeaten 31 also turned out to be the top score in Indian innings.
9. Suresh Raina became the second Indian to play 50 T20Is after MS Dhoni (56).
10. This is India’s fourth consecutive defeat at home in T20Is, which is their worst streak so far.