Pragyan Ojha was born on September 5, 1986. He is one of the most successful left-arm spinners in India. He represented India in 24 Tests, 18 ODIs and 6 T20Is. Picked up 113, 21 and 10 wickets in respective formats. Let’s have a look at his achievements in cricketing world.
1. Pragyan Ojha made his debut in first class cricket in 2004/05 and represented India at the under-19 level as well.
2. He finished the 2006–07 Ranji Trophy season with 29 wickets with an impressive average of 19.89 in just 6 games playing for Hyderabad. Pragyan Ojha now represents Bengal Cricket Association in domestic cricket.
3. He is the only cricketer from Hyderabad to have played in all three formats of the game for India.
4. He has previously played for Deccan Chargers and currently plays for Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League.
5. He played his first One Day International match against Bangladesh on 28th June 2008 in Karachi and ended up with figures of 2/43.
6. On 24th November 2009, Ojha made his Test debut in the second Test against Sri Lanka in Kanpur and gained figures of 2/37 and 2/36 in first and second innings respectively in India’s 100th Test win.
7. In his T20 debut against Bangladesh on 6 June 2009, he took 4/21 in four overs. He was awarded Man of the Match for his outstanding and match-winning performance.
8. In IPL 3 he was awarded the Purple Cap for picking up the most number of wickets in the tournament.
9. In August, 2011 he signed to play for Surrey for the final few weeks of the 2011 season.
10. Pragyan Ojha was awarded Man of the Match for his outstanding figures of 5/40 and 5/49, against West Indies which was Sachin’s last and 200th test match in 2013. To date, this was Ojha’s last Test match.
11. Odisha’s Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik presented a momentum to Pragyan Ojha for his completion of 100 Test Wickets on 4 August 2013.
12. In December,2014 Ojha was barred from bowling in competitive cricket after his action was found to be illegal. Later on 30th jan 2015 ojha cleared the test and was allowed to resume his bowling.