All eyes on Arjun Tendulkar who has been named in the Under 19 tour to Sri Lanka next month. It’s not really easy to carry that extra pressure by the tag “Tendulkar Jr.” and it will be interesting how he can create an impact by following the legacy of his dad.
Here are few fascinating facts about the youngster
1) Arjun was born on September 24,1999 at Mumbai. He started training at the age of 8 and is really passionate about the game.
2) Arjun is a left-handed batsman and known for his bowling skills. He constantly bowls 135+ kph with the red cherry.
3) Arjun did his schooling at Dhirubhai Ambani International School located in the Bandra-Kurla Complex, Mumbai. He represented Harris shield and various school tournaments in different levels(Under – 16, Under – 19)at Mumbai.
4) Arjun Tendulkar explained that he used to love fast bowling since his childhood. He also revealed that the likes of Wasim Akram, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Johnson are his favourite bowlers.
5) Arjun Tendulkar did not feature in the Maiden Mumbai T20 league (March 2018). While several fans and critics expected that he might Kickstart his career at M T20 league, reports suggested that he wasn’t really ready to represent.
6) He has been a visiting bowler to the iconic Lord’s stadium for some time now. He was spotted bowling to the women’s cricket team in the world cup 2017. Not to forget, he also indulged in practice sessions with English batsmen ahead of their Pakistan clash (2016)
7) Pakistan legend Wasim Akram heaped praises on this youngster. In an interview to NDTV, he said “He is a 15-year-old who is like any other kid in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh or Sri Lanka – he’s very enthusiastic about his cricket. I told him a little bit about fitness, on wrist positioning and I explained to him how to bring the ball back onto the right-hander. He had a lot of questions for him and is very passionate about the game, and that is always a good sign.”
8) Reports suggest that Arjun Tendulkar is currently in a training camp at Dharamsala to fine tune his bowling skills.
9) Besides cricket, Arjun always had interest in Taekwondo, football, Swimming. He once admitted that everything took a back seat when cricket entered his life.
10) He played brilliantly at Australia earlier this year when he picked four wickets and scored a breezy 48 with the bat at the Bradman Oval.