Well, then how many of these amazing facts do you know? We bring to you some of the most amazing cricket facts which you’ve probably never heard before.
1) Alastair Cook & Virender Sehwag are the only batsmen to be dismissed in the 90s, 190s, and 290s
2) Adam Gilchrist has played 3 World Cup Finals and scored half-centuries in all 3.
3) On 11 January 2013 Phil Hughes, Aaron Finch and Usman Khawaja made their ODI debuts. It is the only instance when top 3 have made their debuts in the same match barring the first-ever ODI of any team.
4) VVS Laxman is the only cricketer to play 100 tests but not a single world cup match.
5) Dilip Vengsarkar has the record of most hundreds at Lord”s by visiting batsman. 103 in 1979, 157 in 1982 and 126 in 1986.
6) Rahul Dravid has faced the most no of balls in test cricket (31258) and Muralitharan has bowled most balls (44039)
7) Gordon Greenidge is the only cricketer to score 100 in 100th test and 100th ODI.
8) Bradman is the only cricketer to remain not out on 299*. Martin Crowe is the only cricketer to be dismissed on 299.
9) Mark Craig is the only cricketer to hit a six on the first ball faced in test cricket.
10) Wasim Akram is the only cricketer to take 2 test and 2 ODI hat-tricks.
11) The record for most run outs in test cricket is held by Allan Border (12).
12) The record for most runs in Partnership in test cricket belongs to Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid (6920) and in ODIS belongs to Sachin and Ganguly (8227)
13) Jack Hobbs has scored 100 first class hundreds after the age of 40.
14) In his entire Ranji career, Sachin Tendulkar has been out on duck only once.
15) Mahela Jayawardene is the only cricketer to score hundred in semi-finals and finals of the world cup. He scored 115 vs New Zealand in semi-final of 2007 World Cup at Jamaica & 103 vs India in World cup final 2011 at Mumbai
– by Atharva Apte