Ellyse Perry one of best all-rounder’s in women’s cricket has been a star with lots of experience in International Cricket. Apart from Cricket, she has played football.
A multi-talented player who bowls right-arm medium pace and bats right-handed is currently the number 1 ranked batter and the all-rounder in One-day international cricket.
She has featured in T20I format and test cricket for Australia. She is one of the legends of modern day women’s cricket. Apart from playing all formats, Ellyse Perry has played Women’s Big Bash League and Kia Super League tournament in England.
Here are the 18 interesting facts about Ellyse Perry:-
1. At the age of 16, Ellyse Perry became the youngest sportsperson to play for Australian national cricket team and also feature in Football
2. She played her first football match was an Olympic qualifying match against Hong Kong on 4th August 2007.
3. For Australian women’s national team, Perry played 2 more matches against South Korea on 31st May 2008 and then against Sweden in the FIFA women’s World Cup played on 9th July 2011.
4. In the Australian women’s football league, Perry played for Central Coast Mariners during the 2008/09 season.
5. At the start of 2009 season, Perry decided to play for Canberra United and played till 2012. She played 24 matches for Canberra United and scored 2 goals. She then played for Sydney FC squad in the women’s league.
6. Ellyse Perry played her first international match in July 2007 before playing for Australian women’s football team. She was given a chance to play for Australia with her first One-day international match against New Zealand on 22nd July at Darwin.
7. The all-rounder is currently 5th in terms of highest averages for women’s ODI cricket. Her current average in ODI cricket is 51.83. She has played 97 ODI’s and scored 2540 runs with the best score of 95 not out.
8. In the bowling department, she is currently 7th joint highest wicket-taker with West Indies Stephaine Taylor who has 130 wickets. Perry has taken 130 wickets from 97 One day internationals so far but in terms of average, Taylor is 7th. Perry average is 25.62 compared to 19.44 of Taylor. She has two 5 wickets hauls in One-day Internationals.
9. Ellyse Perry is 7th among the highest runs scorer in a single calendar year. She scored 732 runs in the year 2016.
10. In the 2017 edition of Women’s World Cup 2018, she was 3rd highest run getter with 404 runs from 8 matches with the best score of 71. Her average in the tournament credited to 80.80. Her team lost in the semi-finals to India.
11. Ellyse Perry is leading wicket-takers among bowlers in T20I format among Australian bowlers with 84 wickets from 90 matches with an economy of 5.87 runs per over.
12. In the women’s World T20 tournament, Ellyse Perry leads the chart with 27 wickets from 26 matches with an economy of 5.86 runs per over with best figures of 3/12.
13. Ellyse Perry scored 213 not out against England in women’s Ashes test match in 2017 and is the 3rd highest individual scorer behind Mithali Raj and Pakistan Kiran Baluch.
14. The Australian all-rounder was a part of winning team which won the 2010, 2012 and 2014 editions of World T20 Cup. In 2016, Perry was a member of the Australian team which lost to West Indies in finals.
15. She has played 7 test matches and scored 432 runs with 1 half century and 1 century. Also with the ball, Perry grabbed 27 wickets.
16. In the first edition of Women’s BBL, Perry played for Sydney Sixers and also performed brilliantly with 1366 runs with the best score of 91 not out.
17. The Australian all-rounder was at 36th place as most marketable sportsperson in the world by Sports Pro Magazine in 2013.
18. Perry featured in a commercial shoot for Jockey Underwear