India Tour Of Australia 2020-21Cricket News

Cricket Australia Releases Official Statement Against Racial Abuse of India Players

The Indian team management has also lodged an official complaint against the incident. 

Cricket Australia has released an official statement post the racial abuse against Indian players Mohammed Siraj and Jasprit Bumrah. Both the bowlers were hurled abuses and were racially abused after the end of the game on day 3. Team India senior players Ravichandran Ashwin and skipper Ajinkya Rahane complaint to the on-field umpires and brought the issue to their notice. The Indian team management has also lodged an official complaint against the incident. 

Meanwhile, Cricket Australia has promised it complete commitment to the investigation of this case. They have also released an official statement stating their intolerance against the incident. 

Cricket Australia Releases Official Statement

Sean Carroll, Cricket Australia’s Head of Integrity and Security, said anyone who sought to vilify and/or harass had no place in Australian cricket.  Cricket Australia has also formally apologised to their counterparts and ‘great friends’ the BCCI over the incident. 

“Cricket Australia condemns in the strongest terms possible all discriminatory behaviour. If you engage in racist abuse, you are not welcome in Australian cricket” Carroll said. 

“As series hosts, we unreservedly apologise to our friends in the Indian cricket team and assure them we will prosecute the matter to its fullest extent,” CA has said in its statement.

Also Read: BCCI Vice President Rajeev Shukla Reacts To Racial Abuse Against Indian Players

Awaiting Results  From ICC on Investigation: Cricket Australia

The Australian Cricket board further said that it is awaiting the results of the ICC after sending the first-hand reports of the incident. 

“CA is awaiting the outcome of the International Cricket Council’s investigation into the matter reported at the SCG on Saturday. Once those responsible are identified, CA will take the strongest measures possible under our Anti-Harassment Code, including lengthy bans, further sanctions and referral to NSW Police. 

Kerrie Mather, Venues NSW’s Chief Executive, said CCTV footage was being reviewed to assist the ICC investigation.

“At the SCG, we pride ourselves on welcoming anyone and everyone in a safe and inclusive environment. We are taking this extremely seriously. If those involved are identified, they will be banned from the SCG and all Venues NSW properties under our Act.”

Meanwhile, six people who were a part of the crowd contingent on Day four were removed from the SCG stands after Mohammed Siraj complained to the on-field umpires of abuse once again. Siraj along with Indian skipper Ajinkya Rahane complained to the on-field umpire regarding the matter and they were then removed from the stands.

Also Read: Pragyan Ojha Asks BCCI To Take Strong Action Against Racial Abuse of Indian Players

 

Anshuman Roy

A cricket and sports enthusiast having previously worked with Cricwizz, Circle of Cricket, Times Now, The Quint and now with Cricfit.

Related Articles

Back to top button
Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com