On Friday, October 20, Team India‘s players arrived in Dharamshala and settled into their hotel rooms as they kickstarted their preparations for the upcoming match in the 2023 ODI World Cup. The Men in Blue are scheduled to face New Zealand for their fifth tournament match at the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium in Dharamshala on Sunday, October 22.
The star all-rounder, Hardik Pandya, did not accompany the team on the flight from Pune, as he won’t be able to participate in this match due to an injury. Instead, he will head to the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Bengaluru for his recovery and is expected to rejoin the squad next week. The remaining players made the journey from Pune to Dharamshala on today’s flight.
The BCCI posted a video on their Instagram account to provide fans with an update regarding Team India’s arrival in Dharamshala.
You can watch the video here:
View this post on Instagram
Team India has started the 2023 World Cup with four big dominating wins
Under the leadership of Rohit Sharma, the Indian team has had an excellent beginning to the World Cup, showing impressive performances in their first four matches. They began by defeating Australia by 6 wickets in Chennai, setting a strong start to their campaign. Subsequently, they dominated Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Bangladesh, remaining undefeated in the tournament.
As it stands, India is currently in second place on the points table with 8 points from 4 games. New Zealand also has the same number of points but leads due to a better net run rate.
Here’s the schedule for the remaining matches of Team India in the ICC ODI World Cup 2023:
– Match 21 on October 22: India vs New Zealand at Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamshala, at 2 pm IST.
– Match 29 on October 29: India vs England at Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow, at 2 pm IST.
– Match 33 on November 2: India vs Sri Lanka at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, at 2 pm IST.
– Match 37 on November 5: India vs South Africa at Eden Gardens, Kolkata, at 2 pm IST.
– Match 43 on November 12: India vs Netherlands at M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru, at 2 pm IST.