The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is keenly looking at the October-November window to host the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL). Meanwhile, this change in the fixture can open doors for Australia fast bowler Mitchell Starc to ply his trade in the competition. Incidentally, Starc had earlier opted out of the tournament.
Meanwhile, the 13th season of the T20 blitz was scheduled to commence from March 29. However, BCCI had to postpone it to April 14 after the first lockdown. And with no signs of improvement, the Sourav Ganguly-led panel had to defer the tournament for an indefinite period.
Mitchell Starc to consider his decision of playing in IPL 2020
But currently, BCCI is hopeful to organise the tournament later this year which can open doors for Mitchell Starc. However, the speedster doesn’t have any contract in the IPL. But if anything comes his way, Mitchell Starc is ready to consider to join IPL 2020.
“I’d consider it, I’d think about it. Obviously, it’d be right at the start of our domestic season as well so it’d be a fair bit to consider. But I don’t currently have a contract, so I currently don’t have to worry,” he said.
Furthermore, Mitchell Starc said he wouldn’t mind if Cricket Australia allows some star cricketers to miss the domestic season and play in IPL 2020. The left-arm fast bowler was last part of the 2018 IPL; however, an injury ruled him out of the tournament. He then opted out of IPL 2019 along with Pat Cummins to prepare for the ICC World Cup 2019 in England. So far, Starc has scalped 32 wickets from 27 games including best figures of 4 for 15.