NZvsAUS: 7 Record-breaking Stats from the 1st ODI at Auckland: The home side thrashed Australia in the first ODI at Eden Park to go 1-0 up in the 3-match ODI series. The team effort from the Kiwis turned out to be the worst nightmare for the Kangaroos. The visitors, who have chased totals of 300+ with ease in their own backyard only few days back, were stunned in Auckland after they were set a target of 308. Australia lost the match by 159 runs after being bowled out for a meager 148.
Let’s have a look at the interesting stats from the match.
1. This is the first time in ODI history that Australia have been bowled out inside 25 overs. The No.1 ODI team have played 146 balls.
2. New Zealand have never lost a match after posting a total of 300+ in ODIs. There has been 18 such occasions.
3. Martin Guptill surpassed his highest ODI score against Australia in this match. He scored 90 before being run-out. His previous best was 64*. The swashbuckling opener smashed 5 sixes in this innings which is the joint second-most for New Zealand against Australia.
4. Two and half years since Kane Williamson have been dismissed for duck in ODIs.
5. 7 number of Man of the Match awards won by Martin Guptill in last one year.
6. This was the first occurrence since 2002 that Australia have lost six wickets in the first ten overs of an ODI innings. Australia were 47/6 after 10 overs.
7. Australia lost the match by 159 runs, whichit is theirsecond-biggest margin of defeat against New Zealand in ODIs (in terms of runs). The biggest is 206 runs in Adelaide in 1985/86, when they were bowled out for 70.