Apart from being the number 1 ranked bowler in test matches, Ravindra Jadeja has become the new number 1 ranked all-rounder going past Bangladesh Shakib- AL- Hasan.
The left arm spinner took 7 wickets and scored 70 runs in the second test match played at SSC, Colombo against Sri Lanka. The Indian team won by an innings and 53 runs. It is a great achievement for Jadeja to be the best all-rounder in the world. He took his 150th wicket in test matches during his 32nd test match.
Ravindra Jadeja has improved as a cricketer for team India in test matches for quite some time. He will not play in the third test match played at Kandy starting from 12th July.
As far batsmen rankings are concerned, Cheteshwar Pujara has moved to number in the rankings with 133 runs during the first innings of second test match played at Colombo. Pujara played his 50th test match in Colombo.
Steve Smith and Joe Root have maintained their respective places in the batting rankings. Kane Willamson has slipped one position down to number 4. Virat Kohli remains static at number 5. Rahane brilliant 132 has helped him jump from 11th to 6th. Jonny Bairstow also moved up to number 7.
— BCCI (@BCCI) August 8, 2017
Azhar Ali has slipped down to 8th in the rankings. Hashim Amla moves 1 place up to 9th with a good knock in the 4th innings of a 4th test.
The last place is occupied by Australia’s David Warner who slipped down 3 places.
In the bowling department, Ravindra Jadeja occupies the top spot. England’s fast bowler James Anderson has climbed to second with good performance in the fourth test. India’s R Ashwin slipped to third.
Josh Hazlewood has climbed to fourth in the test bowler’s ranking. The veteran Hearth has slipped down to 5th due to poor performances against India at Colombo. Rabada maintains his 6th place.
Stuart Broad jumps one place up to 7th while Dale Steyn has slipped down to 8th. Broad performed well in the fourth test.
Vernon Philander and Neil Wagner maintains their positions of 9th and 10th. Here we look at the top 10 all-rounders in test matches, 10 batsmen and 10 bowlers in the latest rankings.
- Steve Smith ( Australia)- 941
- Joe Root ( England)- 917
- C Pujara ( India)- 888
- Kane Williamson ( New Zealand)- 880
- V Kohli ( India)- 813
- Rahane ( India)-776
- Jonny Bairstow ( England)- 772
- Azhar Ali ( Pakistan)- 769
- Hashim Amla ( South Africa)-764
- David Warner ( Australia)- 759
Latest ICC Test bowler’s ranking
- Ravindra Jadeja ( India)- 893
- James Anderson ( England)- 860
- Ravichandran Ashwin ( India)- 842
- Josh Hazlewood ( Australia)- 826
- Rangana Herath ( Sri Lanka)- 817
- Kagiso Rabada ( South Africa)- 785*
- Stuart Broad ( England)- 775
- Dale Steyn ( South Africa)- 763
- Vernon Philander (South Africa)- 751
- Neil Wagner ( New Zealand)- 745
Latest ICC Test all-rounders
- Ravindra Jadeja ( India)- 438
- Shakib- AL- Hasan ( Bangladesh)-431
- R Ashwin ( India)- 418
- Moeen Ali ( England)-409
- Ben Stokes ( England)- 360
- Vernon Philander ( South Africa)- 332
- Mitchell Starc ( Australia)- 318
- Jason Holder ( West Indies)- 217
- D Perera ( Sri Lanka)- 211
- R Hearth ( Sri Lanka)- 208