SAvsENG: 6 Interesting Records broken in the 1st ODI: England beat South Africa by 39 runs (D/L) at Bloemfontein to go 1-0 up in the ODI series. The day proved to be a run-fest after England posted a record-breaking total and then South Africa did not put their head down in the chase. The visitors continue to dominate the clueless hosts, who were thrashed in the Test series as well. Let’s have a look at the interesting stats from the 1st ODI.
1. England scored 399 in this match, which is their highest ODI score against South Africa and second overall. Their highest ever being 408 against New Zealand in 2015.
2. England batsmen have hit 15 sixes in this match,the mostthey have hit in an ODI. This is also the most number of sixes South Africa conceded in an ODI ever.
3. Jos Buttler smashed fourth century in ODIs which came in 73 balls – the slowest of his four. This England’s wicketkeeper-batsman have never played 100 balls in his ODI career.
4. Quinton de Kock became the youngest South Africa batsman (23 years and 48 days) to smash 2000 ODI runs.
5. 12 bowlers have leaked runs at an economy of more than 6 in this match. This is the highest number of bowlers to have leaked runs at such economy in a match. Previous highest was 11 – Australia and South Africa, Johannesburg, 2005-06.
6. 8 number of England batsmen have hit sixes in the match. This is the first instance in ODI history that so many number of batsmen from one team have hit sixes in an innings.