India is all set to play their 900th One Day International when they take on the kiwis tomorrow in Dharamsala. Now let’s take look at some interesting stats which will rev up tomorrow’s fixture:
1. Out of the 899 ODI matches played by India, they stood victorious on 454 occasions while they lost the battle 399 times.
2. The win-lose % would be estimated to : 50.50% & 44.38% respectively.
3. This would be the 3rd ODI hosted by the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium (HPCA) in Dharamsala. Team India had lost the initial match against England in 2013 and had won the game against West Indies in 2014 at the venue.
4. Jayant Yadav & Mandeep Singh would be the 215th& 216th players to be given an ODI cap if called up to play.
5. MS Dhoni requires more 82 runs to hit the 9000 run mark in ODI’s. He would become the 5th Indian batsman to accomplish it.
6. MS Dhoni (192) would replace Sachin Tendulkar (195) who sits on top in terms of sixes hit by Indian batsmen.
7. Captain M.S. Dhoni requires 3 more maximums to become the 5th batsman with most number of Sixes in ODI’s.
8. To gain the No.3 spot in ODI, India has to beat New Zealand with a margin of 4-1. New Zealand are currently ranked third with 113 points & India are at fourth with 110.
9. New Zealand lost all the four previous series played between the two teams at India in 1988, 1995, 1999 and 2010, Giving the home side another reason to rejoice
10. Both the teams have played 93 matches against each other so far, and 46 of those are won by India whereas 41 games have been won by New Zealand.
11. In the last encounter between the Two sides on the sub-continent was in 2010 in a 5 match series where the hosts butchered the Islanders and whitewashed them with a margin of 5-0.
– By Akshath Jeksani