10 records broken or created by Rohit Sharma enroute his 171*: Indian swashbuckling opener Rohit Sharma produced another breath-taking innings in Perth against the Aussie bowling attack. He is proving to be the best batsman for India in limited-overs cricket after putting up incredible performances over the last couple of years. Following on from his stunning innings in the first ODI of the series, we look at the remarkable records that Rohit Sharma has broken or created.
1. Rohit Sharma’s 171* against the Australia is the highest unbeaten score by a batsman on their home soil.
2. Rohit Sharma has now hit the most sixes by any batsman against Australia in ODIs– 37.
3. 19 Innings taken by Rohit to score 1000 runs in ODIs against Australia which makes him the fastest to do so, one innings less than Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara.
4. Rohit has broken the 36-year old record to become the highest scorer by a tourist against Australia in Australia.
5. He became the first Indian to hit a ton at the WACA.
6. Converting most consecutive ODI centuries into scores of 135+, Rohit Sharma tops the list with 7 centuries and Sachin Tendulkar next to him with 4 centuries.
7. Rohit Sharma’s average against Australia is the highest by any batsman against them in ODIs – 68.46. AB de Villiers is next to him with an average 62.57.
8. Rohit’s partnership with Virat (207) is the highest partnership for the second wicket versus Australia in Australia in ODIs.
9. He now holds the record for most ODI centuries in Australia by an Indian with VVS Laxman with three tons.
10. India lost all three matches in last three consecutive centuries by Rohit – 106, 150, 171* in Dharmasala, Kanpur and Perth.