15 Wonderful Quotes on Sourav Ganguly by legends: Former India skipper, Sourav Ganguly was very bold and aggressive in leading his side. Many greats have liked his approach towards the game both as a batsman and captain and regarded him as one of the best. The fighting cricketer had a huge fan base who supported him throughout his career. Here are the best compilation of quotes by some legends on the ‘Dada’ of Indian cricket.
- He’s the type of bloke you would want to have on your side. When you see an Indian side with Ganguly in the line-up, you know it is game on. You don’t have to like or dislike him. You have to respect him.
– Steve Waugh
- Sourav stood by me when I was struggling. I owe a great deal to him for standing by me at the most important time. I can’t express my gratitude to him in words.
– Harbhajan Singh
- The Bengal tiger always has his tail up, ready to devour the opposition.
– Navjot Singh Sidhu
- The Prince of Calcutta. Two of his special qualities are his intelligence and articulation, both of which have helped him immensely in the world of contemporary cricket.
– Geoffrey Boycott
- Sourav is a great captain and we should be proud of such a leader.
– Kapil Dev
- Sourav’s greatest strength is his mind. He is hardworking – not only in the nets but also mentally. He bounces back.
- On the onside, first there is God, then Sourav Ganguly.
- Sourav is a very positive captain. Whatever his personal form, whatever the media writes about him, he has always been strong, focused and aggressive. Perhaps these are the qualities that make him India”s most successful captain.
- Sourav has got a huge role to play in Indian cricket and its success. I hope certainly that he gets back in there because he is a hell of a good player and he still has got too much to offer to Indian cricket.
- I have seen Ganguly bat and he can make a difference. –
- He lends credibility to the batting order.
- I’ve learnt so much from Sourav. He has played 15 years of cricket. Sitting down with him and getting to know phenomenal.
- Let me be honest to tell you that on the TV screen he looks different. He is a very warm person when you actually meet him.
–Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Ganguly is the new Steve Waugh of mind games. – Ian Healy
- I think that he made a comeback and proved himself all over again made it clear that he should not have been thrown out in the first place. He made a point and proved people wrong. – Kapil Dev