The Indian cricket team will look to seal the series when they take on Australia in the 2nd ODI match of the three-match series at the Holkar Cricket Stadium in Indore on Sunday, September 24th, 2023. India comes into the match on the back of a comfortable 5-wicket win in the 1st ODI in Mohali.
KL Rahul-led India chased down 277 with ease, thanks to half-centuries from Shubman Gill, Ruturaj Gaikwad, and Suryakumar Yadav. Australia, on the other hand, will be looking to bounce back after a disappointing performance in the 1st ODI. Their batting line-up failed to live up to expectations, and they were bowled out for just 276. Pat Cummins and co. will need to put up a much better performance in the 2nd ODI if they want to level the series.
Stats Record At Holkar Stadium, Indore
● Total ODIs played: 6
● Highest team score: 418/5 by India vs West Indies in 2018
● Lowest team score: 225/10 by South Africa vs India in 2015
● Average 1st innings score: 320
● Average 2nd innings score: 267
● Highest individual score: 219 by Virender Sehwag vs West Indies in 2011
● Most wickets taken in a match: 5 by Mohammed Shami vs Australia in 2023
Top Performers Venue Stats in India vs Australia 2nd ODI on 24th September 2023
● Highest individual score: 219 by Virender Sehwag
● Most wickets taken in a match: 5 by Mohammed Shami
● Highest individual score: 186 by David Warner
● Most wickets taken in a match: 3 by Mitchell Starc
It is important to note that these are just the top performers for India and Australia at the Holkar Stadium in Indore. There are many other players who have performed well at this venue, and they could also have a big impact on the 2nd ODI match.
Players to watch out for in the 2nd ODI match:
●Shubman Gill: Gill is in the form of his life, and he will be looking to continue his good run in the 2nd ODI.
●Suryakumar Yadav: Yadav is another player who is in red-hot form, and he will be looking to play a big knock in the 2nd ODI.
●Mohammed Shami: Shami is one of the best bowlers in the world, and he will be looking to take wickets early on in the 2nd ODI.
● David Warner: Warner is a proven performer in India, and he will be looking to lead Australia’s batting attack in the 2nd ODI.
● Marnus Labuschagne: Labuschagne is one of the best batsmen in the world, and he will be looking to make amends for his failure in the 1st ODI.
● Pat Cummins: Cummins is the best bowler in the world, and he will be looking to take early wickets in the 2nd ODI.
Overall, the 2nd ODI match between India and Australia is expected to be a close and exciting contest. Both teams have world-class players in their ranks, and it is difficult to predict who will win. However, India is the favorite to win, as they are playing at home and have a more balanced team.