Many records were broken and some new records were created from India’s win in the second Test match against New Zealand in Mumbai. India beat New Zealand by a margin of 372 with Mayank Agarwal winning the Man Of the Match and Ravichandran Ashwin winning the Man of the Series. Here is a look at the key stats from the India-New Zealand 2nd Test in Mumbai.
Key Stats From Mumbai Test Between India-New Zealand
1) 372 Runs- This is India’s biggest win by the margin of runs against any opposition in Test cricket. surpassing their previous feat of 337-run win against South Africa in Delhi in 2015. It is subsequently the biggest Test defeat for New Zealand in Test cricket by runs.
Largest victory for India (by runs):
372 vs NZ, Mumbai 2021*
337 vs SA, Delhi 2015
321 vs NZ, Indore 2016
320 vs AUS, Mohali 2008
2) 50- Virat Kohli has now featured in 50 wins for India across all three formats of the game becoming the only Indian to do so.
The first player to be a part of 50 international wins in each format of men's cricket 😮
What a record for Virat Kohli 👏 #INDvNZ
— ESPNcricinfo (@ESPNcricinfo) December 6, 2021
3) 14- India have now stretched their unbeaten run to 14 consecutive Test series win at home having last lost in 2013. 11 of those last came under the leadership of Virat Kohli.
5) 300- Ravichandran Ashwin went past 300 Test wickets at home joining names like Shane Warne, James Anderson, Muttiah Muralitharan and Anil Kumble. He is only behind Anil Kumble among Indians to take 350 Test wickets at home.
Most Tests wickets in India:
350 Anil Kumble
300 Ravi Ashwin*
265 Harbhajan Singh
219 Kapil Dev
6) 49- Ashwin is also the fastest to get to 300 Test wickets at home in terms of Test matches. He achieved this feat in 49 Test matches, one more than Murali’s tally of 49 Tests.
Fastest to 300 Tests wickets at home:
48 M Muralitharan
49 Ravi Ashwin*
52 Anil Kumble
65 Shane Warne
71 Jimmy Anderson
76 Stuart Broad
7) 66: Ashwin has now taken 66wickets against New Zealand. In the process, he went past Richard Hadley’s tally of 65 scalps against India.
* Stats Courtesy- Cricbuzz