The BCCI apex council is all set for a virtual meeting on 17th July 2020 (Friday). The most important agenda they would be discussing in the meeting is about the future of IPL 2020. A lot of speculations are brewing up after a string of media reports stated that the cash-rich league will move outside India.
Earlier this week, an official had said that the BCCI is planning to host the IPL in UAE if the situation in Mumbai doesn’t improve drastically. They would also discuss the alternative venue options in the form of Sri Lanka and UAE. The excess costs the board would have to bear is also going to kept in mind while finalizing the venue.
The BCCI as of now is waiting for ICC’s decision on the postponement of the T20 World Cup which is to held in Australia later this year. If ICC postpones the world cup then BCCI can avail September–November window to conduct the IPL.
Other agendas include the domestic cricket schedules as we may see the domestic matches being narrowed down due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Another agenda is regarding the Tax exemption certificate which the BCCI needs in order to host the 2012 T20 World Cup. The BCCI will need to get all clearances from the central government before November for the same.
Agenda for the virtual meeting on Friday (As per India Today)
1) IPL- Way forward
2) Domestic cricket schedules
3) FTP- Rescheduling of the England home series for February 2021
4) Tax exemption certificates mandatory for hosting the T20 World Cup in India
5) NCA facility in Bengaluru
6) Extension of contract for BCCI & IPL digital platforms
7) Bihar Cricket Association’s administrative mess
8) Appointment of new staff in the BCCI
9) Procedure to appoint new CEO after Rahul Johri’s resignation
10) Payments to NE states
11) Discussion on Tender for Apparel Partnership.