It was great news for Virat Kohli after the third test match at Johannesburg. The Indian test captain Kohli surpassed West Indies great Brian Lara in all-time rankings for test batsmen.
In the third test match at Johannesburg, Kohli scored 54 and 41 on a tough pitch. Before third test match at Johannesburg, the Indian captain was on 900 points and earned 12 points for his match-winning effort with the bat.
Virat Kohli occupies the 26th place on 31st batsman list headed by Don Bradman at 961 points. He is behind Indian great Sunil Gavaskar. Kohli would look to do well in a one-off test match against Afghanistan or five match test series against England in August/ September and can go cross Sunil Gavaskar record of 916 points.
In the latest ICC Test rankings for batsmen, Australian Steve Smith occupies the top spot with 947 points. Indian captain Virat Kohli remains at the second spot but earned 12 points with 54 and 41 runs in the second test match.
England captain Joe Root remains at number 3 with 881 points. New Zealand captain Kane Williamson remains static on number 4.
Australian David Warner occupies the 5th place. India’s number 3 Cheteshwar Pujara remains at number 6th with 810 points.
South African Hashim Amla played well in the third test and occupies the 7th place. Pakistan Azhar Ali continues to remain at number 8th.
Sri Lankan captain Dinesh Chandimal occupies the 9th position. England test opener Alistair Cook completes the top 10 batsmen rankings.
In the bowling rankings, England James Anderson occupies the top position. South African young pacer Kagiso Rabada did well in the third test at Johannesburg against India but remains at number 2.
Ravindra Jadeja remains at number 3 with 844 points. Australian pacer Josh Hazlewood occupies the 4th place.
India’s ace spinner Ravichandran Ashwin occupies the 5th place. He did not play the third test against South Africa at Johannesburg. Herath remains at number 6th place.
South Africa pace bowler Vernon Philander occupies the 7th position with the man of the series performance in test series against India. New Zealand fast bowler Neil Wagner occupies the 8th place.
South African pace bowler Morne Morkel climbs to 9th place with 773 points. Australian pace bowler Mitchell Starc completes the top 10 bowlers list.
ICC test batsmen rankings
- Steve Smith ( Australia)-947
- Virat Kohli ( India)- 912
- Joe Root ( England)- 881
- Kane Williamson ( New Zealand)- 855
- David Warner ( Australia)- 827
- Cheteshwar Pujara ( India)- 810
- Hashim Amla ( South Africa)- 771
- Azhar Ali ( Pakistan)- 755
- Dinesh Chandimal ( Sri Lanka)- 743
- Alistair Cook ( England)- 742
ICC test bowler rankings
- James Anderson ( England)- 887
- Kagiso Rabada ( South Africa)-875
- Ravindra Jadeja ( India)- 844
- Josh Hazlewood ( Australia)-814
- Ravichandran Ashwin ( India)- 803
- Rangana Herath ( Sri Lanka)- 799
- Vernon Philander ( South Africa)-791
- Neil Wagner ( New Zealand)- 784
- Morne Morkel ( South Africa)- 773
- Mitchell Starc ( Australia)- 769