The Tamil Nadu Premier League (TNPL) 2023 is moving to Tirunelveli for its final phase. In the 22nd match, the Idream Tiruppur Tamizhans will face off against the Salem Spartans at the Indian Cement Company Ground.
The Idream Tiruppur Tamizhans have played five games so far, winning only two. They currently find themselves in the bottom half of the points table and suffered a loss in their previous game against the Dindigul Dragons.
Batting first in their last game, the Tamizhans managed to post a total of 173 runs in their 20 overs, with contributions from Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore (45) and Vijay Shankar (43).
However, their bowlers struggled to take wickets and were unable to defend the total. They will be looking to make a comeback in the upcoming matches in Tirunelveli.
The Salem Spartans are also struggling in the TNPL 2023, with just one win out of five matches. They are currently placed below the Tamizhans in the standings and suffered a heavy defeat in their previous game against the Lyca Kovai Kings.
Although Sunny Sandhu picked up three wickets in that match, the Spartans struggled overall as the Kovai Kings scored 199/8 in their innings.
In the chase, the Spartans faltered and were bundled out for 120, losing the game by 79 runs. They will need to be at their best when facing the Tamizhans.
Match: Idream Tiruppur Tamizhans vs Salem Spartans
Venue – Indian Cement Company Ground, Tirunelveli
Date and Time: Saturday, July 1 2023, 3:15 pm IST
Live Streaming: Star Sports 3, Star Sports 1 Tamil, and FanCode.
The pitch at this venue is expected to be balanced, offering some assistance to the new-ball bowlers initially before settling down as the game progresses.
The weather forecast for Tirunelveli on the match day predicts temperatures ranging from 27 to 37 degrees Celsius. It will be a sunny day with a few scattered clouds, providing good visibility for players and spectators.
The temperature will be comfortable between 28 and 32 degrees Celsius, accompanied by a gentle breeze of 10 to 15 kilometers per hour. No rainfall is predicted, ensuring uninterrupted gameplay.
Predicted Playing XIs:
Idream Tiruppur Tamizhans Probable XI:
S Radhakrishnan, Tushar Raheja , Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore, S Ajith Ram Vijay Shankar, Rajendran Vivek, NS Chaturved, Alliraj Karuppusamy, P Bhuvaneswaran, G Periyaswamy, Balchander Anirudh
Salem Spartans Probable XI:
Amit Sathvik , Abhishek Tanwar, Rajendran Karthikeyan, Akash Sumra, Maan Bafna, S Abishiek, Muhammed Adnan Khan, Sunny Sandhu, Sachin Rathi, M Ganesh Moorthi, Kaushik Gandhi
Dream11 Match Prediction:
Considering the struggling form of both teams, they will be hoping for a change of fortunes in the upcoming matches in Tirunelveli.
The Idream Tiruppur Tamizhans appear to have the edge over the Salem Spartans and are expected to come out on top in this clash of the Tamil Nadu Premier League 2023.
In head-to-head encounters:
In the head-to-head encounters between the IDream Tiruppur Tamizhans and Salem Spartans, they have faced each other six times.
Out of those matches, the Salem Spartans have emerged victorious in four, giving them a win rate of 67% and showcasing their dominance in a short span of time.
Top player picks:
Batters: Balchander Anirudh, S Radhakrishnan, Kaushik Gandhi, Muhammed Adnan Khan
All-rounders: PBhuvaneswaran, Vijay Shankar, Sunny Sandhu
Bowlers: Abhishek Tanwar, Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore, Akash Sumra
Wicketkeeper– Tushar Raheja
IDream Tiruppur Tamizhans vs Salem Spartans Chance of Winning
When assessing the chances of winning for both teams, despite the Salem Spartans winning only one out of their five attempts this season, both teams, the IDream Tiruppur Tamizhans and Salem Spartans, are valued equally by Parimatch.
The odds given for both teams’ wins are 1.90. This indicates that both teams have a fair chance of surging ahead if they plan properly. The IDream Tiruppur Tamizhans have a 55% chance of winning, while the Salem Spartans have a 45% chance of winning.
IDream Tiruppur Tamizhans Squad: Mohamed Ali, S Radhakrishnan, Rahul Harish, Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore, Gohulmoorthi S, Balchander Anirudh, Rajendran Vivek, NS Chaturved, Alliraj Karuppusamy, G Periyaswamy, S Manigandan, G Parthasarathy, Vijay Shankar, M Ragavan, I Vetrivel,S Ganesh, K Vishal Vaidhya, Trilok Nag, S Ajith Ram, Tushar Raheja, P Bhuvaneswaran
Salem Spartans Squad: Ravi Karthikeyan, Sachin Rathi, Amit Sathvik, RS Mokit Hariharan, Prasanth Rajesh, Kaushik Gandhi, S Abishiek, Sunny Sandhu, Muhammed Adnan Khan, Rajendran Karthikeyan, M Ganesh Moorthi, Jaganath Sinivas, S Aravind, VRS Guru Kedarnath, N Selva Kumaran, J Gowri Sankar, S Guru Sayee, Maan Bafna, R kavin, Abhishek Tanwar, Akash Sumra.