Team India batter Virat Kohli is all set for the World Test Championship final against Australia, which will take place from June 7 to June 11 at The Oval in London. He joined the camp last week to prepare for the summit clash. The team held several sessions at the Arundel Castle Cricket Club, before heading to London.
Virat Kohli will hold the key for Team India in the upcoming World Test Championship final. He has been an integral member of the team for more than a decade now. The right-handed batter has a great record of playing against Australia and will have to continue the good run. He is on the cusp of breaking several records during the finals.
Records that Virat Kohli can break during the World Test Championship final
– Virat Kohli has the opportunity to surpass the likes of Sachin Tendulkar and Ricky Ponting to score the Most runs by a player in knockout matches of ICC tournaments. He has scored 620 runs in 16 innings, with six fifties. Sachin Tendulkar has scored 657 runs, while Ricky Ponting has 731 runs in ICC knockouts.
– Virat Kohli currently ranks third in the list of Most international runs by an Indian batter in England. He has 2,574 runs in 56 matches. Meanwhile, Rahul Dravid ranks at the top with 2645 runs, with Sachin Tendulkar in second place with 2,626 runs. Virat needs just 72 more runs to climb to the top of the list.
– Cheteshwar Pujara holds the record currently for the Most Test runs against a bowler. He has scored 570 runs against Nathan Lyon. Meanwhile, Virat Kohli is fourth with 511 runs against the same bowler.
– Virat Kohli has now played 15 ICC knockout matches so far in his career. He is joint third with Sachin Tendulkar and MS Dhoni in the list of Most ICC knockout matches. Yuvraj Singh ranks second with 17 matches, while Ricky Ponting has played 18 matches.
View this post on Instagram
– The former Indian skipper needs just 21 runs to get 2,000 runs in Test cricket against Australia.
– Virat Kohli has scored 4,945 runs at an average of 50.97 in 92 matches against Australia across formats. He needs to score 55 more runs to touch the 5,000-run mark against Australia.
– Virat Kohli has to hit nine more to touch the 950-mark boundaries mark in Test cricket.
– The right-handed batter has scored eight centuries against Australia in Test matches. He is joint-second with Sachin Tendulkar. Meanwhile, Sachin Tendulkar is first with 11 Test centuries against Australia, the most by any Indian. Kohli needs twin hundreds in the WTC final to equal Sachin Tendulkar’s record.
– Virat Kohli has scored 75 centuries in International cricket. If he slams a century in the WTC final, he will become the fastest to 76 centuries in International cricket.