The Sunrisers Hyderabad batsman Priyam Garg today electrified the Dubai International stadium. So far the talented batsman had a quite IPL 2020 as he struggled to score in the middle order. However, it all changed against the mighty CSK as he gave a full account of his talent.
Once the right-handed batsman got set, he dominated the bowling attack of CSK and toyed with their field placements. Garg scored his debut half-century and a much-needed one for Sunrisers Hyderabad.
The 19-year-old scored an unbeaten 51 off mere 26 deliveries. After he was involved in the Kane Williamson run out, Garg was under pressure to deliver and he did just that. His scintillating knock included 6 boundaries 1 six that he slog swept against Sam Curran and deposited in the stands.
We now dig and find out some of the unknown facts about this rising star.
Unknown Facts About Priyam Garg:
1. Priyam Garg was born on 30th November 2000 in Uttar Pradesh’s Meerut. He has represented Uttar Pradesh in domestic cricket at the Under-14s, Under-16s and Under-19s level.
2. Priyam is currently fulfilling his mother’s dream of playing professional cricket. His mother always wished to see her son playing cricket from a very young age. Unfortunately, the teenager’s mother passed away in 2011. However, Priyam Garg made his mother proud last year when he was named the U-19 captain of India before the world cup.
3. The skilful batsman made the headlines on his Rajni Trophy debut when he scored a brilliant century. At only 17 years of age, Garg was fast-tracked in the UP team and made his Ranji debut against Goa. Garg smashed an unbeaten 117 from 181 balls and became the fourth-youngest player to score a ton for Uttar Pradesh in Ranji Trophy.
4. Priyam Garg against Tripura became the third-youngest Indian to score a double century in first-class cricket. Garg was only 18 years and 22 days when he scored a brilliant 206 from 371 deliveries.
5. Priyam Garg belonged to a lower-middle-class family and his father who was a milkman wasn’t able to provide a cricket kit. His father acquired money and got his son to join a good cricket academy in Meerut. His father spotted his talent very early and always made sacrifices to see his son contest cricket at the highest level.