Yesterday we saw the Delhi Capitals and Rajasthan Royals play an exciting contest in IPL 2020. The fast bowlers of DC and RR made all the headlines in the match as the likes of Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje and Jofra Archer produced a hostile spell of fast bowling. Among these stars Delhi Capitals debutant Tushar Deshpande too made a name for himself after he showed immense potential in his first outing in IPL 2020.
The right-arm fast bowler bowled with pace and had control over his line and length. When RR batsmen saw his as a weak link and tried to target Deshpande, showed that he was up for the fight. Ultimately he played a crucial role in helping Delhi Capitals defend a target of 162 runs as they gained another crucial 2 points and are now sitting on top of IPL 2020 table.
In his four overs spell, Tushar Deshpande gave away 37 runs and snaffled 2 wickets. His first ever wicket in the IPL was the prized scalp of Ben Stokes who was looking in ominous form. Later he was also trusted to bowl the final bowler in the match when RR required 22 runs.
The impressive fast bowler took his side home and yet another exciting youngster announced his arrival in IPL 2020. Let’s take a look at some of the most unknown facts about the promising Tushar Deshpande.
Here are some unknown facts about Tushar Deshpande:
1. Tushar Deshpande was born on May 15, 1995, in Thane, Maharashtra. He made his first-class debut for Mumbai in the 2016-2017 Ranji Trophy season. Two years later in 2018, he made his List-A a debut for his home state in Vijay Hazare Trophy.
2. So far in his domestic cricket career, Tushar Deshpande has picked 31 wickets in T20s, 21 wickets in List-A matches and 50 wickets in a total of 20 first-class games respectively.
3. Like every young fast bowler, Deshpande too admires legendary South African fast bowler Dale Steyn. Since his childhood, he always wanted to bowl like Steyn and perform like him in the international arena.
4. The biggest moment of Tushar Deshpande’s career so far came in the IPL 2020 auctions. Delhi Capitals saw the potential in the promising fast bowler from Mumbai and earned his services for Rs. 20 Lakhs in the auction.
5. During the inaugural season of IPL 2008, Deshpande was part of the U-13 Mumbai side. He was a ball boy during the first edition of IPL and was overawed to see several great Mumbai and International players including Sachin Tendulkar practice.