The IPL 2020 mid-season transfer is on at the moment, with every franchise having played seven games in the season so far. The transfer period has started earlier this week. However, no big news about transfers have been made so far by the franchises. Players like Ajinkya Rahane, Chris Gayle amongst others are expected to be roped in by franchises in this transfer season. Meanwhile, the BCCI has also allowed capped players to be a part of the transfer this season after limiting it only for uncapped players in the last season.
Here are the lesser-known facts about the Mid-Season Transfer.
1) The transfer period is only open 5 for five days, out of which three days have passed.
2) A player can be traded by another franchise only for the remaining matches of this IPL season. The decision of retaining the player of letting go of him for the season rests with the parent franchise.
3) One player moving t another franchise can not be a part of the playing XI against his parent franchise in IPL 2020.
4) Capped players having played less than two matches this season can be a part of this transfer window.
5) IPL GC to take final call if the transferred players can replace the injured players in the squad or not.
This mid-season transfer is the last chance for teams like Chennai Super Kings, Kings XI Punjab, Kolkata Knight Riders and others to sort out their squad for the rest of the season by filling in players as per their requirement.
Delhi Capitals, Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers Bangalore and Kolkata Knight Riders are the top four teams in the points table at the moment. However, with half of the league stage still to go, there is an opportunity for the rest of the four teams to make a comeback in the tournament. KXIP play RCB as the second phase of their league stage start in Dubai tonight.