Batting legend Sachin Tendulkar has finally spoken on India’s worst-ever test defeat in Adelaide last week. India were bowled out for 36 in the second innings which remains their lowest ever test score. The scorecard of the batting collapse became a viral image after India’s loss in the game. Now Sachin has come up with his opinion as to what went wrong with the Indian batting order in that particular innings. None of the Indian batsmen got to double figures jas Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins wrapped up the Indian innings inside the first hour of Day 3.
Speaking to IANS, Tendulkar said that the lack of footwork from most of the Indian batsman saw their downfall in Adelaide.
“I thought in the first innings we batted well and showed a lot of resilience. In the second innings, there was not much playing and missing by our batsmen. The ball wasn’t moving around too much; just a little bit. Normally, when batters score runs we don’t look at other elements, like the number of times he was beaten etc.,” Tendulkar told IANS.
Big Stride From Indian Batsmen Missing: Sachin Tendulkar
He also felt that none of the Indian batsmen played on the front foot and the big stride to cover the swing of the ball was missing.
One change that one can talk about was getting a nice, big stride forward, which I felt was missing. In foreign conditions, I feel with a good stride forward against fast bowlers becomes important,” Tendulkar said.
India will be without their regular skipper Virat Kohli in the final three games. Ajinkya Rahane will lead the side in his absence. The BCCI chief selector MSK Prasad has already hinted at several changes that might happen in Melbourne. The test match starts from December 26.